Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Koston letters and wall plaques

For my sweet baby boys room I made these letters and wood plaques to hold them. It was very SIMPLE! If I can do it, ANYONE can do it :) 


(My mom made the bedding. She did an amazing job!!)

For the wood plaques I used:
  • Oval wood plaques (I got mine at Hobby Lobby) 
  • Rustoleum Espresso Spray paint
  • Rustoleum Heirloom white spray paint
  • Hooks (1/2 off at Hobby Lobby!)
  • Sanding block/sand paper
1. Spray Paint the edges with the Espresso spray paint. I only did the edges because that's where the distressing would be. Let dry.
2. Spray paint over the espresso with Heirloom white spray paint. Let dry.
3. With sanding block, lightly sand the edges so that the Brown shows through :)
4. Attach cute hooks to plaques... and wallaaa!! Easy peasy.

For the letters I used:
  • Cute wood letters from Hobby Lobby
  • Fun scrapbook paper
  • Modge Podge
  • Exacto knife
  • Sponge brushes
  • Tim Holtz distressed ink pads (love these!)

1. I traced out the letters onto scrapbook paper and then with my exacto knife I cut the letters out. 
2. Apply Modge Podge to the letters 
3. Apply paper. Make sure to smooth out all air bubbles. This is critical! :) Let dry.
4. With distressing ink, lightly dab the edges with either a sponge or, if you're impatient like me, i grabbed toilet paper and just dabbed it with that, haha.
5. Modge podge over all of it and let dry.
6. Attach ribbon to the back. I just glued it with my glue gun.

and... that's it!

I'm linking up to Kimbas DIY day AND "Get your Craft on" with Today's Creative Blog








3 comments:

  1. love them, they are adorable. What a great idea!! I LOVE that font, what is the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete